Natick, MA | Full-time
We are seeking a system administrator who is interested in assisting with scalable IT infrastructure to support application development for clinical diagnostics driven by big data discovery. The applicant will be part of a team providing system management for software product development, production, and related infrastructure.
This exceptional opportunity offers the chance to work with a software team focusing on the forefront of genomic and cellular understanding of cancer, as well as big data and cloud development. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with software, experimental, regulatory, biological and clinical collaborators.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support local environment and infrastructure, as well as cloud resources.
- Maintain and improve networks, servers, and related company infrastructure for software development.
- Administrate systems in development and production settings; responsibilities include system availability, monitoring, and improvement.
- Prepare and implement data security, backup and disaster recovery.
- Help optimize software development operation procedure.
- Work with QA to produce documentation required for regulatory compliance.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- +5 years of IT experience with systems administration and network management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in supporting continuous integration (Atlassian Suite) and deployment systems.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) .
- Strong knowledge of both Ubuntu Linux and Windows.
- Strong knowledge of network security and performance.
- Working knowledge of LAMP, Docker, and virtualization server clusters (Proxmox, VirtualBox).
- Working knowledge of bash scripting, Python experience a plus.
- Willingness to work hard and be creative in a fast-paced environment.
- Work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues.
- Capable of working in a team environment with good communication.
- A record of accomplishment is preferred.
- Direct Reports: None
- Location: Natick, MA
- Classification: Exempt
- Travel: None
- Job Type: Full-time
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, 401(k), and more. For more information visit www.pillar-biosciences.com. Pillar Biosciences Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.