Natick, MA | Full-time
We are seeking a software engineer who is passionate about solving data processing algorithm and computation challenges in genome technologies and applications to clinical diagnostics. The applicant will be responsible to design, develop, test and support applications to support chemistry design and data analysis. Work with software engineers to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with regulatory requirements for medical devices.
This exceptional opportunity offers the chance to work at big data analysis and cloud development supporting the forefront of genomic and cellular understanding of cancer. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to innovate and to work closely with experimental, regulatory, biological and clinical collaborators.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the design, build, test and support of data analysis pipeline for DNA high-throughput sequencing data.
- Create and maintain corporate internal database and automation tool.
- Work closely with biologists to evaluate and troubleshoot experimental methods.
- Understanding of full stack framework including web framework and data processing.
- Interface with bioinformatics and data scientist to transfer code from research to manufacturing.
- Manage development schedule as well as technical solutions.
- Work with product owner, product manager and project manager to plan team’s work in agile environment.
- Customer facing when needed. Provide training to FAS team.
- Technical lead in a team with good communication skills
- Work with QA on ISO/FDA compliance for IVD related software products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 4+ years of experience programming in a professional environment.
- Experience working in agile environment and product development.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python, JAVA or other modern coding languages.
- Deep knowledge with SQL and databases.
- Work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues.
- Strong problem-solving skills and self-motivated to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A record of accomplishment.
- Capable of understanding and translating high-level data problems into concrete computational approaches.
- Extremely interested in software engineering problems as well as algorithm challenges.
- Familiarity with TDD and BDD methodologies.
- Knowledge of common bioinformatics tools and databases is a plus.
- Experience in bioinformatics and NGS.
- Capable of understanding and translating high-level scientific goals into concrete computational approaches.
- Direct Reports: None
- Location: Natick, MA
- Classification: Exempt
- Travel: None
- Job Type: Full-time
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, 401(k), and more. For more information visit www.pillar-biosciences.com. Pillar Biosciences Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.