Natick, MA | Full-time
We are looking for an experienced DevOps (Development and Operations) professional to join our growing organization. The ideal engineer will bring their experiences, best practices, and a collaborative attitude to help drive DevOps initiatives and CI/CD system construction. The responsibilities include building process automation as well as contributing to the development of internal tools to achieve operational and deployment efficiency. To be successful, the engineer must effectively communicate with our development team to orchestrate the creation of solutions that can scale. Attention to detail and a solid knowledge base are essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and greatly expand the team’s testing/integration tools.
- Help ensure ISO/FDA compliance of appropriate software packages.
- Work with software quality assurance and QC engineers to evaluate algorithms and improve analysis software.
- Capable of working in a team environment and providing good communication.
- Analyze current technology utilized within the company and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them
- Provide clear goals for all areas of a project and develop steps to oversee their timely execution
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower and time necessary
- Mentor and train other engineers throughout the company and seek to continually improve processes.
- Architect and build continuous deployment pipelines
- Create tools to empower developers to manage production infrastructure
- Ensure our systems are highly available and resilient.
- Enable our product development team to deliver new code regularly through Continuous Integration and Deployment Pipelines.
- Help increase system performance with a focus on high availability and scalability
- Propose, scope, design, and implement various infrastructure architectures
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
- Help define, document, evolve, and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas
- Continuously evaluate existing systems with industry standards, and make recommendations for improvement
- Test implemented designs
- Handle code deployments in all environments
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by the company
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience programming in a professional environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Bash, Python and other scripting languages.
- Willingness to work hard and be creative in a fast-paced environment.
- Work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues.
- Familiarity with TDD and BDD methodologies.
- Highly effective written and verbal communicator.
- Strong team player.
- Experience working together with teams from several departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan
- 3+ years of DevOps experience in a Linux environment,
- 2-6 years of experience in a testing role.
- 2-4 years (possibly concurrent) of software development experience.
- Fluent in Python and Python testing best practices
- Experience working in and advocating for agile environments
- Strong experience with various managed and self-hosted CI/CD tooling
- Understanding of system administration in Linux environments
- Strong knowledge of configuration management tools
- An ability to drive to goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills with a drive towards automating repetitive tasks
- A record of accomplishment.
- Familiarity with selenium.
- Knowledge of common bioinformatics tools and databases is a plus.
- Familiarity with SQL and databases.
- Familiarity with Jenkins or Atlassian Bamboo CI/CD setup, configuration and maintenance.
- Capable of understanding and translating high-level scientific goals into concrete, testable software goals.
- Experience managing a large RDBMS like Postgresql or MySQL
- Knowledge of Linux Kernel fundamentals including job management, memory management, file systems, networking & debugging
- A relentless security-first mindset. You think like an attacker
- Experience with Version Control Software (Git preferred)
- AWS Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Developer, AWS
- Certified SysOps Administrator, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
- Experience with delivery of an FDA approved product
- Knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker
- Direct Reports: None
- Location: Natick, MA
- Classification: Exempt
- Travel: None
- Job Type: Full-time
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, 401(k), and more. For more information visit www.pillar-biosciences.com. Pillar Biosciences Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.