Natick, MA | Full-time
We are seeking a senior data scientist who is interested in helping to build and scale genome technology software products with application to clinical diagnostics driven by statistical data discovery. The applicant will be responsible for developing new algorithms for data analysis, and providing computational support for our core technology and product development.
This exceptional opportunity offers the chance to support research and development efforts at the forefront of genomic and cellular understanding of cancer, as well as statistical analysis, big data and cloud development. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to innovate and build new bioinformatic products from basic data scaling to big data discovery. Many of the algorithm developments require novel use of data by applying current and emerging machine learning techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in independent problem solving for data analysis related challenges in pillar software product.
- Understand and explore scientific data patterns. Discover new statistical ways to interpret data.
- Master of statistical methods including but not limited to Bayes’ theorem, Hidden Markov Model, etc.
- Translate product ideas into defined data science challenges and solve them. Capable of writing production code to minimize the code transfer time into software product.
- Design and deploy algorithms and machine learning systems backing product development.
- Assist with big data analysis implementation and cluster computation including but not limited to Celery, Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Lead effort in optimizing software performance and improve algorithm accuracy.
- BS/MS in Bioinformatics , Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics orrelated field with at least 3+ years of industry experience.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to write production code in python, java or another high level languages.
- Experience working with WES, WGS, RNAseq, TCR-sequencing, and/or single cell sequencing data
- Working knowledge of cancer genomics or the ability to learn quickly.
- Proven relevant experience in data analytics (does not need to be in bioinformatic field).
- Proficiency in Python for numerical/statistical programming including Numpy, Pandas and standard machine learning libraries.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to work hard and be creative in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues.
- Capable of working in a team environment with good communication.
- A record of accomplishment is preferred
- Understand of NGS data and related experimental methods.
- Understand existing methods and common tools available for the related problem.
- + 3 years of experience in the NGS data analysis field
- Project lead experience
This position is conducted in an office environment. Must be able to perform work while sitting or standing for long periods of time. Work may at times require repetitive movements.
- Direct Reports: None
- Location: Natick, MA
- Classification: Exempt
- Travel: None
- Job Type: Full-time
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, 401(k), and more. For more information visit www.pillar-biosciences.com. Pillar Biosciences Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.