Natick, MA | Full-time
We are seeking a Sr. Computational Biologist who is interested in helping to build and scale genome technology software products with application to clinical diagnostics driven by statistical data discovery. The applicant will be responsible for developing new algorithms for data analysis, and providing computational support for our core technology and product development. This exceptional opportunity offers the chance to support research and development efforts at the forefront of genomic and cellular understanding of cancer, as well as statistical analysis, big data and cloud development. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to innovate and build new bioinformatic products from basic data scaling to big data discovery. Many of the algorithm developments require novel use of data by applying current and emerging machine learning techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and explore data patterns. Discover new statistical ways to interpret data.
- Deep understanding of statistical methods including but not limited to Bayes’ theorem, Hidden Markov Model, etc.
- Translate product ideas into defined data science challenges and solve them.
- Design and deploy algorithms and machine learning systems backing product development.
- Assist with big data analysis implementation and cluster computation including but not limited to Celery, Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Help optimize software performance and improve algorithm accuracy. Contribute to production code base.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Bioinformatics, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or a related field.Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics orrelated field.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven relevant experience in NGS data analytics. Familiar with open source tools available.
- Experience working with WES, WGS, RNAseq, TCR-sequencing, and/or single cell sequencing data
- Working knowledge of cancer genomics.
- Proficiency in Python/R for numerical/statistical programming including Numpy, Pandas and standard machine learning libraries.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to work hard and be creative in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues.
- Capable of working in a team environment with good communication.
- Ph.D. in Computational Biology/Bioinformatics or related field with 1+ years of industry experience
- Understand existing algorithms and common tools available for the related problem.
- Follow the latest advancement of data analysis in bioinformatics publications.
- Keep inventing new ways to solve difficult problems.
- 2+ years of experience in the NGS data analysis field
- Independent research experience in a fast paced environment
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, 401(k), and more. For more information visit www.pillar-biosciences.com. Pillar Biosciences Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.