Natick, MA | Full Time
Perform tasks supporting Quality Control activities in a highly regulated environment and in accordance with established standard operating procedures.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Perform highly complex NGS testing according to established procedures (NGS library preparation and sequencing). This includes performing new reagent batch qualifications and stability testing.
- Small scale kit manufacturing to support custom and early access products.
- Maintain general lab systems. This includes performing daily, weekly, monthly or as needed equipment maintenance checks.
- Product receiving and inspections.
- Reagent preparation to support Research and Development projects.
- Demonstrate commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Review and write standard operating procedures, work instructions, and forms.
- BS in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, or related field.
- Experience in next-generation sequencing is preferred.
- At least 1 year of wet lab experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent recordkeeping and attention to detail
- Self-motivated to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to communicate verbally and in writing
This position is conducted both in a standard lab and office environment. Must be able to perform work while sitting or standing for long periods of time. Position may require repetitive movements. Must be able to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 25 lbs.
Reports to: QC Manager
Location: Natick, MA
Classification: Entry level or with experience