We are looking for a Medical Technologist with at least three years of experience in a CLIA/FDA regulated environment and direct experience with high-complexity testing. The ideal candidate will have experience in NGS-based molecular diagnostic test methods and have prior experience in execution and reporting of clinical diagnostic testing. This position will report to the Laboratory Supervisor and will be responsible for carrying out clinical testing activities.Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for performing a variety of routine and highly specialized diagnostic tests, procedures and accompanying documentation.
- Perform and understand quality control programs including evaluation of values, documentation of errors and corrective action, and the maintenance of records in the appropriate logs.
- Ability to work through all phases of laboratory testing including pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical.
- Independently perform DNA/RNA extractions, PCR and NGS runs, analyze data, and prepare technical reports according to standard operating procedure.
- Organize samples/specimens, maintain inventory, prepare buffers and reagents, and update specimen database as needed.
- Identify, report, and troubleshoot procedural deviations and out of specification results.
- Perform and record scheduled equipment maintenance, troubleshooting of equipment problems, and providing immediate notification to supervisor in the event of any malfunctions.
- Participates in approved proficiency programs, assigns testing activities, and ensures timely reporting as needed.
- Participate in clinical laboratory quality assurance programs.
- Respond with appropriate investigation and corrective / preventive actions as needed.
- Participate in routine laboratory tasks and provide support to other laboratory staff as needed.
- Performs activities for CLIA inspection-readiness as needed.
- Ensures compliance with safety programs and procedures including blood borne pathogens, chemical hygiene and biohazardous material.
- Participates in continuing education activities.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics or related field Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics orrelated field.
- 3+ years of wet lab experience
- Hands-on experience in preparing NGS libraries, running NGS instruments and processing NGS data.
- Excellent molecular biology skills are required.
- Exceptional record keeping is required.
- Work in a structured and regulated environment.
- Work productively in group situations as well as independently.
- Experience with analytical analysis, test system validations andtroubleshooting is preferred.
- Direct experience with CLIA inspections is preferred.
- ASCP certification in Clinical Laboratory Science is preferred.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, 401(k), and more. For more information visit www.pillar-biosciences.com. Pillar Biosciences Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.