Natick, MA | Full-time
Pillar Biosciences is seeking an experienced Bioinformatics leader who is passionate about people management. Reporting to the Director of Software & Bioinformatics, this critical team member will be responsible for leading and collaborating with data scientists and bioinformaticians to provide cutting edge analysis of genomic/cellular structure of cancer. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with software, experimental, regulatory, biological and clinical collaborators. This is also a great opportunity to leverage big data analysis experience.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead and manage the Bioinformatics team to study and evaluate the assay performance and the design of the PCR primer with Pillar proprietary technology.
- Identify known and emerging nucleic acid biomarkers (SNV, InDel, DupDel, CNV, methylation, and fusions) via review of scientific papers and clinical trial summaries that drive treatment choices or are useful for monitoring disease progression.
- Mentor, collaborate with, and grow colleagues in biology roles.
- Improve biology/oncology understanding and assay performance based on the data.
- Analyze and interpret high-throughput internal DNA and RNA sequencing data from designed chemistry, with a specific focus on mutation identification and oncology characterization.
- Masters degree in molecular biology, biology, bioinformatics or bioengineering discipline.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years of Product Management experience with FDA and CE IVD regulated products 3+ years of professional work experience in the NGS oncology field.
- 3+years experience leading a team
- Passionate about bioinformatics and computational biology.
- Proven strong critical thinking capability with follow through character.
- Deep understanding of both human genetics and oncology — and understands the genetic variation associated with various types of cancer
- Well versed with public sequence depositories of genome sequence and variation data, especially those focused on oncology and is able to query, retrieve, manipulate, and analyze data from these databases
- Experienced with the development of nucleic acid diagnostics based on the amplification of DNA and RNA via PCR
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and data presentation skills.
- Have deep knowledge and experience analyzing NGS data on human genome, either from industry or academia
- Experience working with somatic or low input DNA assays
- Experience and knowledge of commercially available of modern variant calling packages
- Proficient with excel or scripting language to analyze/understand NGS data
- Track of record in publications.
- PhD in molecular biology, biology, bioinformatics or a related discipline, or 3+ years working in bioinformatics role
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, 401(k), and more. For more information visit www.pillar-biosciences.com. Pillar Biosciences Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.