Natick, MA | Full-time
We are currently looking for a Logistics Coordinator to enter, track and manage the operational shipping & receiving requirements for Pillar Biosciences. He/she is responsible for preparing bills of lading, scheduling shipments, and maintaining relationships with carriers as well as receiving raw materials and supplies.
He/she may act as the liaison with both internal and external customers/vendor. The objective of the Logistics Coordinator is to ensure desired shipping dates are met, ensure continuous product supply and all materials are properly received and stored.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain and R&D personnel to coordinate shipping activities
- Provide shipping status and order visibility information as required to both internal and external clients, monitoring ship information, closing of shipped orders, order status, etc.
- Schedule out going shipments with approved carriers to successfully meet ship dates
- Assist, as necessary, the Laboratory and Facilities with shipping activities.
- Communicate with freight forwarders and transportation companies
- Prepare accurate bills of lading and packing slips, arranging for necessary shipping documentation, and contacting customs officials to effect release of shipments.
- Provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Arrange for storage facilities when required.
- Examine invoices and shipping manifests for conformity tariff and customs regulations and report issues to Sr. Director of Operations
- Conduct analysis on shipping quality incidents as needed
- Perform inventory transactions and inventory counts as required.
- Bachelor’s degree Preferred
- 2-5 years of relevant logistical experience, which includes 1- 3 + years within a GMP environment.
- Experience working with CMOs desirable
- Proactive in approach to work, identifying potential issues well in advance and bringing them to the attention of appropriate personnel for resolution
- Excellent MS Office and experience with SAP preferred.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative start-up environment where results are achieved through influence and the incorporation of multiple points of view
- Self-motivated, detailed oriented and energized in approach to work
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for performing a variety of duties to properly ship all outbound orders, receive incoming freight, and manage inventory storage.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, 401(k), and more. For more information visit www.pillar-biosciences.com. Pillar Biosciences Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.