Natick, MA | Full-time
Support Pillar’s growing commercial effort by providing professional field application support and customer service in the North East, US region. Our FAS team members support customer needs by providing trainings, answering technical questions and working with regional sales team members on pre- and post-sale account activity. This position additionally acts as an interface between customer facing commercial and internal operations, RnD, and manufacturing, collecting and delivering relevant feedback for product improvement and complaint resolution. The Field Application Scientist will report to the Director of Service and Support.
Duties and responsibilities
- Pre- and Post-Sale technical support and training
- Deliver scientific presentations showcasing Pillar Biosciences technology solutions and data analysis tools.
- Provide expert understanding and strong technical competency in discussing Pillar Biosciences product offerings.
- Conduct in lab (and remote) wet bench product trainings and evaluations for new and existing customers.
- Cultivate relationships and engage in scientific discussions with customers.
- Identify, nurture, and manage KOL collaborations working with sales team.
- Respond to incoming customer service requests for support and or sales inquiries
- Answer basic questions about available products or services.
- Take customer complaints and initiate case reporting.
- Manage CRM systems data input and reporting
- Maintain and regularly update case reporting within Salesforce, SAP and other internal CRM systems for commercial reporting.
- Recording appropriate documentation and forms for all customer interaction.
- Support customer conflict resolution
- Listening to customer concerns and complaints with goal of identifying the root cause and solution to problem.
- Collecting and providing background information as necessary to facilitate quick turn-around time for customers.
- Select and communicate appropriate responses to customer issues.
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Communicate with KOLs, collaborators and customers on behalf of the support and operations teams regarding orders, complaints, shipments or general needs.
- Communicate and coordinate with colleagues across departments
- Support Sales team in technical discussion, presentations and meetings with customers.
- Network with customer to provide feedback to product development and product management on customer requirements and custom applications.
- Keep records of customer interactions, transactions, feedback and complaints.
- Participate in and record team/company meetings and trainings.
- Liaise between customer, sales team, product management, RnD and other internal departments.
- Advanced degree in life sciences or equivalent, 5+ years experience working in NGS or clinical testing laboratory
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with NGS, library preparation, qPCR and molecular biology, DNA and RNA applications. Mol Diagnostic experience in clinical setting a huge plus.
- 3+ years lab experience working with PCR and/or NGS, knowledge of data analysis and clinical research workflow.
- Solid Understanding of principles of genomics, DNAseq, RNAseq, targeted panels and bioinformatics.
- Dedication to customer satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, empathetic and professional “can do” attitude.
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced work environment, multitasking and keeping focus on customer needs.
- Demonstrated success managing complex tasks with minimal oversight
- Proficiency with computer operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, ect.
- CRM Management experience, SAP or comparable systems a plus.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization (Sr. management, R&D, commercial, QA/RA, and operations)
- Willingness to learn and understand the technical and commercial aspects of the goods and services offered by Pillar.
- Flexibility in work schedule and changing departmental needs as dictated by customer requirements.
This position is conducted in a standard office environment. The role routinely requires the use of typical office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Must be able to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
Reports to: Director of Service and Support
Location: Remote field based
Travel: Up to 80%
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, 401(k), and more. For more information visit www.pillar-biosciences.com. Pillar Biosciences Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.