Natick, MA | Full-time
We are expanding our bioinformatics team with more talent in biostatistics, genomics and bioinformatics in the next-generation sequencing (NGS) domain. We are searching for a bioinformatics data scientist to focus on design and improvement of PCR assays for high throughput NGS genomic sequencing. This exceptional opportunity offers the chance to work with a team focused on the forefront of genomic and cellular understanding of cancer. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with software, experimental, regulatory, biological and clinical collaborators.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate to and collaborate with colleagues in biology and software roles. Be a key member of the bioinformatics team to help understanding of the assay performance.
- Support the PCR primer/probe design. Identifies known and emerging nucleic acid biomarkers (SNV, InDel, DupDel, CNV, methylation, and fusions) via review of scientific papers and clinical trial summaries that drive treatment choices or are useful for monitor disease progression
- Analyze and interpret high-throughput internal DNA and RNA sequencing data from designed chemistry, with a specific focus on mutation identification and oncology characterization.
- Improve biology/oncology understanding and assay performance based on the data.
- PhD in molecular biology, biology, bioinformatics or a related discipline, or 3+ years working in bioinformatics role
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Passionate about bioinformatics and data science. Strong critical thinking capability with follow through character.
- Has understanding of both human genetics and oncology and understands the genetic variation associated with various types of cancer
- Well versed with public sequence depositories of genome sequence and variation data, especially those focused on oncology and is able to query, retrieve, manipulate, and analyze data from these databases
- Experienced with the development of nucleic acid diagnostics based on the amplification of DNA and RNA via PCR
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and data presentation skills
- Proven critical thinking capability with ability to follow through
- Proven understanding of both human genetics, oncology, and the genetic variation associated with various types of cancer
- Deep knowledge and experience analyzing NGS data on human genome, either from industry or academia
- Experience working with somatic or low input DNA assays
- Experience and knowledge of commercially available of modern variant calling packages
- Proficient with excel or scripting language to analyze/understand NGS data
- Department: Bioinformatics
- Direct Reports: None
- Location: Natick, MA
- Classification: Exempt
- Travel: None
- Job Type: Full-time
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, 401(k), and more. For more information visit www.pillar-biosciences.com. Pillar Biosciences Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.