Join Our Team
We are seeking a software engineer who is interested in genome technologies and passionate about applications to clinical diagnostics driven by big data discovery. The applicant will be responsible for providing computational support for our core technology and product development, with opportunities to design and build the infrastructure for data management and analysis. This exceptional opportunity offers the chance to work at the forefront of genomic and cellular understanding of cancer, as well as big data and cloud development. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to innovate, work closely with experimental, regulatory, biological and clinical collaborators.
- Develop and maintain software packages with ISO/FDA compliance for the analysis of DNA high-throughput sequencing data.
- Work with software quality assurance and test engineers to evaluate algorithms and improve analysis software.
- Work closely with research scientists to evaluate and troubleshoot experimental methods.
- Capable of working in a team environment with good communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience programming in a professional environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python or other scripting languages.
- Familiarity with SQL and databases.
- Willingness to work hard and be creative in a fast-paced environment.
- Work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues.
- Proficiency in Linux and cloud computing.
- A record of accomplishment.
- Familiarity with TDD and BDD methodologies.
- Knowledge of common bioinformatics tools and databases is a plus.
- Experience in bioinformatics and NGS.
- Capable of understanding and translating high-level scientific goals into concrete computational approaches.